Patrick J. Closser
The Mayor is elected by the citizens of London and oversees the city's daily operations.
Some of the duties of the office include:
• Recommending staffing levels in order to efficiently provide services to the community.
• Making recommendations to City Council concerning the City budget and revenue sources.
• Appointing boards and commissions that enable citizens to participate in the government processes.
• Working to promote economic development.
• Meeting with County and State officials as needed to participate in joint ventures with other government agencies.
• Performing marriage ceremonies.
SAFETY SERVICE DIRECTOR
The Safety Service Director oversees both the Safety Departments and the Service Departments, which includes:
Building and Zoning Department
Parks and Recreation Department
To speak to the Safety Service Director, please make an appointment by calling 740-852-3243.
20 S. Walnut Street, Suite 100
London, Ohio 43140
Office: (740) 852-3243
Fax: (740) 852-7028
The Executive Assistant is the first point of contact in the Administration office.
Questions about all city business can begin here to be directed to the appropriate person or department.